of 2

Minecraft 1.11.2 vs Minecraft 1.8.9

11 replies
Votes:
+415
Admins
Owner
Donator
So by now you'll have noticed that there are a number of portal huts at /spawn for various different things.

You'll also likely have noticed that a couple of them (the creative world and the faction world) are both sealed off, and have been for some time.

The reason for this is that we've simply been unable to find a suitable multiworld inventory plugin that actually works on 1.11 with all of our other plugins, and that's not for the want of trying either, I can asssure you.

So at this point we're basically left with two options, which are:

1: Leave the server 'as is' in Minecraft 1.11.2, with all of the vanilla minecraft blocks and features we currently have, but without the options of a creative world or factions world.

or

2: Revert the server to 1.8.9, using all of the plugins that we previously had access to, but at the expense of losing any vanilla minecraft blocks and features that were added to the game in 1.9/1.10/1.11.

By reverting back to 1.8.9 we would then have access to:
* Survival world with shops & economy. (We'd make new worlds for survival gameplay and resource gathering)
* Creative mode world (We could potentially bring back the old 1.8 Creative mode world with all of the builds on it)
* Factions world (We could also potentially bring back the old 1.8 Factions world with all the bases on it)
* Minigames - e.g. Paintball, Color Shuffle, Mario Kart, Mob Arena

N.B. Depending on the size and complexity of the build, it may also be possible for us to transfer builds from 1.11 back to 1.8. However be aware that ALL chest contents would definitely be lost in transfer, and any building blocks used in the build that are from versions of the game after 1.8 would have to be changed to something 1.8 compatible before the build can be copied across. Player inventories would probably also reset in the switch to 1.8

We would of course also make sure to copy across any key data such as player ranks and time spent in-game so that the auto-promotion system and any other critical systems would carry on seamlessly.

- - -
So given all of this information, I've attached a short poll to this post so that we can get an idea of what you all think about the possibility of either keeping the server 'as is' or going back to 1.8. And, of course, if you have any thoughts, comments or opinions on this question, please do feel free to leave a reply below.
I think the server should stay in Minecraft 1.11.2
0 votes
0%
I think the server should revert to Minecraft 1.8.9
6 votes
100%
Could we have some other version of Minecraft instead? (give details below)
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 6
Posted Apr 22, 18 · OP
List
Undo
PvPLife1337 Supervisor
Votes:
Supervisor
When will the server Revert? bc clearely it will, a % of 100 on the 1.8.9 revert :d
Posted Apr 29, 18
Votes:
+415
Admins
Owner
Donator
wrote:
So if we do end up switching can you still save my shop building?

You mean the tall wooden tower near spawn?
Yes, I could save it for you, but none of the chests will have their contents, and the signs will all be blank.
When will the server Revert? bc clearely it will, a % of 100 on the 1.8.9 revert :d

Soon. Probably sometime before the end of this week if all goes well.
r88Y6bW.jpg

Mojang, please add the classic wool blocks into the game.
Posted May 1, 18 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
594 Posts
490 Posts
254 Posts
SimonDono Civilian
235 Posts
235 Posts
legoawesomeness3 Apprentice
216 Posts